Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Can't Make Decisions (aka Finding A Christmas Card)

Now that Halloween is over we can really get into getting ready for my favorite holiday, Christmas! Actually, I love the entire season, November and December. So many fun days packed into 2 months, Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas and New Year's. But Christmas is definitely the crown jewel.
This will be our first Christmas in our new house and MonkeyToe's second Christmas. In an effort to feel like real grown ups, we've been looking a Christmas card! I thought it might be fun to show you some of our frontrunners.
I started my search on Vistaprint, because there was a great groupon. Plus with Vistaprint, I could customize it to list our first names instead of just putting a family name. This was the one for a long time but ultimately, rumors that Vistaprint jacks up shipping costs for those using a groupon made us shy away from the company.

 Next, I turned to tinyprints. I regularly swoon over stationery from tinyprints and their sister brands so I knew I would not be disappointed. Both of these (here and here) caught my eye but really, even the studio basics line is out of my price range so I sadly gave up my dreams of a tinyprints card.

I knew Etsy wouldn't let me down. I found these beautiful cards from DeanWorks Studios and Pink Coconut Designs. The idea is that you purchase the design, send your info and picture to the seller and they send you the file so you can get it printed wherever you want. I am so close to pulling the trigger on one of these but I have just one more idea I can't shake.


I love the idea of making a footprint card with MonkeyToes and just putting wallets of our pictures in. I think it would be so much nicer to give to family but boyfriend wants to feature our professional pictures. I think the penguin would be easier than the tree.

Any opinions or suggestions? I have to be the most indecisive person ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment