Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August 2012 Favorites

Little late but let's talk about my August favorites! It was actually hard for me to pick favorite things this month. I feel like I love a lot of the same products month to month.
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Tea Rose I got this gloss in a gift exchange for the one year anniversary for a makeup group I belong to on Facebook. Tea Rose is a bright berry color and would definitely work year round. Seriously, NYX is one of my favorite drugstore brands. The quality and wide range is awesome!
ELF Essentials Blending Eye Brush I pulled this out of my extra brush storage at the beginning of the month. Sometimes I struggle with blending and my eyeshadow ends up looking so muddy. This brush has made it a million times easier. It's a little smaller and a little stiffer than my other blending brushes. It's also round instead of tapered. At $1 each, ELF essentials brushes can be hit or miss but this is completely a hit for me.
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden I got this baby primer potion with my Feminine palette (the old school Feminine palette, not the disgusting new one). It's the love child of my two favorite primers, Original Primer Potion and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. It feels light on the lid and blends really well but it also has the light skin tone color that I like. I will be buying the full size when the mini runs out.
Urban Decay Naked Palette I have so many freaking eyeshadow palettes. Like more than I should since eyeshadow isn't even my favorite products. I used Naked by far the most this month. I'm interested in Naked2 but the original is perfect for me. It's mostly bronzy and gold toned shadows but that's what I use the most anyways.
Redken Real Control Slim Supreme Slimming Serum Redken is one of my favorite brands for hair products and this stuff does not disappoint. It makes my hair feel hydrated and soft and it looks so shiny. Plus it keeps my hair from getting frizzy or sensitized. I use one or two pumps through towel dried hair and occasionally just a drop or two after blow drying. This cost me $17 but I've had it for over a year and I'm only 1/4 of the way through the bottle.
So that's it for this month! I'm so excited for fall. It's my favorite season. We have so much good stuff in store for the rest of the year, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment