Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Essential Brushes

I have a confession to make. You may already know that I'm obsessed with nail polish and blushes. What you probably don't know is that I love makeup brushes! I'm very good about being in control of it because I seriously don't need any more. In fact, there are a few I use every day and I rarely use the others, as much as I love them. If all my brushes disappeared, these are the ones I would repurchase without a second thought.

Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki - If I'm going to use a brush for foundation, this is what I reach for. It just buffs everything flawlessly and it's perfect. I've considered others from this line, but for now, I'm happy with just my F80.
Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour - I've tried all manner of other blush brushes but I've used this one the most since I got it two years ago. It's perfect for the way I apply blush. It's super soft, not too big, and very easy to clean. The shape just makes me feel like I have a lot of control with this brush.
ELF Studio Powder Brush - I know others compare this to the F80 and in my opinion, there is no comparison. They have very different jobs. This brush buffs powder in amazingly well. I'd never dream of using it for a liquid foundation but for powder, it's perfect.

Sigma E55 Eye Shading Brush - I tend to be picky with my shader brushes. I need something soft and dense but not too dense. It can't be super big or super small either. The Sigma E55 fits the bill nicely. It is $10 but I think that's totally worth it for this brush.
ELF Essential Eye Crease Brush - I know many prefer a fluffier brush for crease work, but this one just fits better for me and the way I do my eyeshadow. It's very small, like a pencil brush but rounder and a little less dense than a pencil brush. It's not super soft but for a $1 brush, it's held up surprisingly well.
Sigma E25 Blending Brush - When I do need something bigger and softer for my crease or just something to blend, I love this E25 brush. I have the travel size and I really should pick up a full size. It's not too big and it's very soft. I don't tend to be a great judge of when things are properly blended but I find this does a great job without a ton of effort on my part.
ELF Studio Angled Contour Brush - Stay with me here. I use this brush for highlights. Yes, I did just say that. It's a great size for highlighting my brow or my inner corner and the angle makes it so easy. It's just a swipe across my brow and a couple of taps around my tear duct and it's perfect. I honestly don't use anything else for highlights.
ELF Essentials Eyelash and Brow Wand - It's a spoolie. Everyone needs a spoolie. And as long as you aren't looking for a rubber bristled mascara wand instead, all spoolies are the same. So this $1 spoolie works just fine and is super cheap, which is nice because I feel like this is one brush you should replace regularly if you use it on your lashes. I honestly can't live without a spoolie. (Plus spoolie is an awesome word.)

Obviously, there are many brushes (that I use and love) that got left out. These are just my everyday absolutely necessary brushes. And because I was curious, it would cost me $62 to replace all of these brushes. I think that's totally worth it and definitely a good price for a set of brushes I use every time I do my makeup.
What are your favorite brushes? Is there anything I'm missing out on as far as brushes go?

2 comments:

  1. The MAC 217 is pretty close looking to the Sigma E25! I really want to try some sigma brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 217 is definitely going to be my next MAC brush! I've been really impressed with my Sigma brushes. They still look really nice, considering I've been using them for two years.

      Delete