Monday, February 18, 2013

My MAC Eyeshadow Palette

A year and a half ago, I bought my first MAC products. They were three eye shadows. Ever since I've been hooked. I don't know what it is about MAC that I love, but it has quickly become one of my favorite brands. I love my eyeshadows so much that I actually got three more plus a palette when Sam and I went to the MAC store. Well it's taken me six months but I finally depotted my remaining shadows and put them in my palette. I'm obsessed!

The thing that makes this palette so appealing to me is that it looks like my own custom palette. Which, technically, it is. There are no excuses for having duds in my MAC palette. I can swatch to my heart's content at the counter and pick up just the right colors for me.

Top to bottom, left to right - Shroom, All That Glitters, Mulch, Jest, Copperplate, Motif, Woodwinked
I've grouped my shadows by the way I wear them. The three on the left make a super easy everyday look. Jest and Copperplate make a very sweet neutral look that's still somewhat out of the ordinary.

 Left to right - Woodwinked, Motif, Copperplate, Jest, Mulch, All That Glitters, Shroom
MAC shadows are fantastic quality, regardless of the quality of my swatches. They are soft and buttery and blend really nicely. These swatches are on bare skin so they definitely become more vibrant over a primer or paint pot.
I definitely have a few more on my wishlist but I haven't been out to the counter recently to play with them. I'm thinking Satin Taupe, Sable and Naked Lunch. If you have a favorite MAC shade, do share! I'm definitely looking forward to adding more to my neutral palette in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment