Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Review: Neutrogena Health Skin Liquid Makeup

 Besides nail polish, one of my very favorite beauty products is foundation. Today I have one of my favorites to show you. Let's talk about Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup.

The good:
This foundation is a semi matte, very natural looking finish. Coverage is medium but buildable. My redness peeks through pretty much every foundation so it should cover more normal levels of redness and discoloration. It's not drying and doesn't cling to dry patches. For me, wear time is average. It doesn't wear away unevenly and I always think it looks pretty good at the end of the day. If you don't struggle with oily skin or need it to last 12 hours, you could easily skip any setting powders. This dries down pretty quickly but you definitely have plenty of time to blend it out. I usually apply with a brush, either a Sigma F80 or a MAC 187.

 The bad:
The packaging on this is just a really poor design. It's a glass bottle without a pump so it can be a huge mess when you try to pour some out and it's not really safe to travel with. I also find that this can be tricky to apply with fingers or a sponge. I find those methods make it go on a little too thick, at least for me. This is also a little pricey for drugstore foundation.

Final verdict?
With the right application techniques, Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation is a great every day liquid foundation for most skin types. At $10-13 in most drugstores, it's on the expensive side of drugstore foundation but if you buy it from a store with a nice return policy, I'd give it a shot.
Anyone else try Healthy Skin out? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment