Tuesday, March 19, 2013

China Glaze First Mate

I know I've said it so many times while showing you this collection but oh my gosh, I freaking love this color! This beautiful blue is First Mate. It's a slightly lighter navy with a little teeny bit of dustiness to it. In natural light, like this picture, it looks bright and almost like a blurple but in artificial light, it looks darker, like a true navy. If you were very careful and did a thicker coat, this could definitely be a one coater for you. For me, it was two. I've worn this several times and every time I do I think the formula is odd (something else I've said a few times lately). It's just messy. It's not runny or thick, it's just a little harder to control, if that makes sense. I feel like I get this all over my cuticles when I put it on. I think it's just because it is such a dark and opaque color. Overall, a nice color and definitely something different from the royal, bright and baby blues that seem to dominate spring.
I have just one last Anchors Away polish to show you and it's a very special one!

No comments:

Post a Comment