Monday, April 15, 2013

Review: Holika Holika Moisture Petit BB Cream

I've mentioned Holika Holika's Moisture Petit BB Cream in several posts lately but I felt like it really deserved it's own review. Keep in mind, this product was my first experience with an Asian BB cream but I'm blown away by how awesome it is!

The good:
The coverage on this is phenomenal. I'd say this is one of the most full coverage base products I own. I usually apply one thin layer and then if I can still see any redness or spots, I'll pat it on like concealer as well. It even covers my under-eye circles better than most traditional concealers! It's super moisturizing, so much so that it wouldn't even matter if I didn't put moisturizer on before hand. It dries down to a natural satin finish. Moisture Petit also has a great SPF, which is good for me because skin cancer is common in my family and for redheads in general. This is a great low maintenance routine product, as it cuts out a ton of steps. I don't use primer, concealer or powder when I wear this.

The bad:
I only have two problems with Holika Holika Moisture Petit. One is the color range. This comes in one shade. It seems to adjust a bit so there's a little wiggle room but mostly if you are anything darker than maybe a NC/NW 20, this just isn't going to work for you. Another small issue is the scent. It's got a strong perfumey scent to it. It bothered me the first couple of times but I don't even notice it any more.

Where in the heck do I buy this?!
I purchased mine for $5.88 plus $2.50 shipping from a GREAT ebay seller, cosmeticmarket2012. I'm very certain that this and the other products I have purchased from them are 100% legit. They get everything shipped out quickly and even included samples in my orders. Shipping did take about two weeks from the time they sent it out, but that's understandable coming from overseas. If you are impatient like I am, the $2.50 upgrade in shipping is totally worth not waiting another 1-2 weeks. Holika Holika does have a US website now but I haven't ordered from it. If you are nervous about legitimacy, that's the way to go.

Final verdict?
I'm thrilled with pretty much everything about this product. If you think it would match you, I definitely recommend picking it up! It's a million times better than the American BB creams that I have tried.

Anyone have a favorite Asian BB cream I should try? This was the first I tried, I've picked up two more since and I'm definitely open to other suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment